Retail Transaction of the year RULES
We are now accepting applications for the 2022 Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Association of Greater Washington, DC (CREBA) awards including Leasing, Sales & Finance Transactions of the Year. Don’t pass up this opportunity to be honored by your peers. This is the only awards program in the region that recognizes the individual broker. Do you have brokers in your office who aren’t members? Encourage them to join and submit for the awards on or before Midnight, Friday, February 16, 2022! Awards Winners will be announced on Tuesday, April 26th at our Annual Awards Dinner at The Ritz Carlton. The Awards Dinner has long been known as CREBA’s premier annual event. This is your opportunity to put your name in the company of illustrious past winners.
CREBA Retail Transaction of the year Rules
DO I QUALIFY FOR AN AWARD?
In order to qualify for a Retail Leasing Award, the following conditions must be met:
1. The applicant must have been a full-time licensed real estate broker or salesperson in calendar year 2021 and a member of the Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Association of Greater Washington, DC in good standing. An applicant who changes brokerage firms during the calendar year may select which firm he/she would like to receive credit and a sales award. If you were not a CREBA member in 2021, you may qualify for membership by paying 2022 dues and other applicable fees on or before February 16, 2022. To join for 2022, click here. To purchase 2021 membership for $50, please email email@example.com.
Transaction of the Year Rules
Members may apply for Top Retail Lease Transaction of the Year. All details of competing entries will be kept in strictest confidence. No details will be publicized, but appropriate publicity concerning the presentation of the Award will be distributed with the approval of the winner(s) and principals. The CREBA Board of Directors will judge the awards.
The application must give FULL credit to all cooperating brokers. Entries of Salesperson members must be endorsed by broker and/or manager of their firm.
The CREBA Board of Directors will review and vote on applications for the Transaction of the Year Awards.
Members are ineligible if:
1. They have any interest as a principal or as an attorney for a principal in the transaction. (The word “principal” shall include, but not be limited to, owner, purchaser, equity participant, stockholder or beneficiary); or
2. Their principal business is that of real estate operator or developer, even if the member has a broker’s license.
1. Members are urged to prepare supporting information in advance and submit it with your online application under “FILE UPLOAD: Supporting Material.” Maps, diagrams and photographs that supplement the dialogue should be submitted, if appropriate, but please do not submit an entire file or copies of correspondence unless it has a specific bearing on the transaction.
2. Eligible transactions must be located in the CREBA region. The “CREBA Region” is defined to be Washington, DC, the counties of Montgomery, Prince George’s, Howard, Anne Arundel and Frederick in Maryland, and the counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William and cities of Alexandria and Falls Church in Virginia.
3. The transaction shall have been completed, with lease execution by both parties (or the last party to execute) occurring, in calendar year 2021.
Identities: Principals need not be identified, but brokers must determine for themselves whether the withholding of any information may have a bearing on the judges’ decision. Submissions are held in strict confidence and become the sole property of the Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Association of Greater Washington, DC. If the principals are identified, a letter which authorizes the Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Association of Greater Washington, DC to promote the transaction and the winner of the award must accompany the application.
How do I submit for an Award?
The applicant must apply on the online forms on or before Midnight on Friday, FEBRUARY 16, 2022. SORRY NO EXCEPTIONS!!! Once the application is submitted there shall be no alterations or additions!!!
QUESTIONS? For more information regarding the RULES or the online application forms, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org by phone at 301-503-5425.