OF THE YEAR RULESS
We are now accepting applications for the 2022 Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Association of Greater Washington, DC (CREBA) awards including Leasing, Sales & Finance Transactions of the Year. Don’t pass up this opportunity to be honored by your peers. This is the only awards program in the region that recognizes the individual broker. Do you have brokers in your office who aren’t members? Encourage them to join and submit for the awards on or before Midnight, Wednesday, February 1, 2023! Awards Winners will be announced at the Annual Awards Dinner at the Ritz Carlton on Tuesday, March 28th. This is your opportunity to put your name in the company of illustrious past winners.
Click here to submit a Sales Transaction of the Year application.
CREBA SALES TRANSACTION OF THE YEAR RULES
DO I QUALIFY FOR AN AWARD?
In order to qualify for a Sales Award, the following conditions must be met:
The applicant must have been a full-time licensed real estate broker or salesperson and a member of the Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Association of Greater Washington, DC in good standing on or before February 1, 2023. If you were not a CREBA member in 2022 you may qualify for membership by paying 2023 dues and any other applicable fees by February 1, 2023. To join for 2023, click here. To purchase 2022 membership for $50, please email email@example.com. The individual may be a principal of the firm and/or principal broker, provided that the principal is substantially involved in each transaction submitted.
Transaction of the Year Rules
Members may apply for Top Sales Transaction of the Year. All details of competing entries will be kept in strictest confidence. No details will be publicized, but appropriate publicity concerning the presentation of the Award will be distributed with the approval of the winner(s) and principals. The CREBA Board of Directors will judge the awards.
The application must give FULL credit to all cooperating brokers. Entries of Salesperson members must be endorsed by broker and/or manager of their firm.
The CREBA Board of Directors will review and vote on applications for the Transaction of the Year Awards.
Members are ineligible if:
1. They have any interest as a principal or as an attorney for a principal in the transaction. (The word “principal” shall include, but not be limited to, owner, purchaser, equity participant, stockholder or beneficiary); or
2. Their principal business is that of real estate operator or developer, even if the member has a broker’s license.
1. Members are urged to prepare supporting information in advance and submit it with your online application under “FILE UPLOAD: Supporting Material.” Maps, diagrams and photographs that supplement the dialogue should be submitted, if appropriate, but please do not submit an entire file or copies of correspondence unless it has a specific bearing on the transaction.
2. Eligible transactions must be located in the CREBA region. The “CREBA Region” is defined to be Washington, DC, the counties of Montgomery, Prince George’s, Howard, Anne Arundel and Frederick in Maryland, and the counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William and cities of Alexandria and Falls Church in Virginia.
3. The transaction shall have been completed, with lease execution by both parties (or the last party to execute) occurring, in calendar year 2022.
Identities: Principals need not be identified, but brokers must determine for themselves whether the withholding of any information may have a bearing on the judges’ decision. Submissions are held in strict confidence and become the sole property of the Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Association of Greater Washington, DC. If the principals are identified, a letter which authorizes the Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Association of Greater Washington, DC to promote the transaction and the winner of the award must accompany the application
How do I submit for an Award?
Click here for more information about submitting for an award.
The applicant must apply on the online forms on or before Midnight on Wednesday, FEBRUARY 1, 2023. SORRY NO EXCEPTIONS!!! Once the application is submitted there shall be no alterations or additions!!!
QUESTIONS? For more information regarding the RULES or online application forms, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org by phone at 301.503.5425.